I’ve been working on conecting the new chassis up to the Arduino.  I quickly learned that the torce on the wheels alone was enufe to make the chary do a back flip so for safe testing I removed all the wheels.  this allows me to have the motors spinning at top speed with out risking the robot escaping.

I found that for me to use the E-Maxx’s ESC all I had to do was to treat it like a servo motor.  As well there is a safety feature witch makes me have to have the initial command for the motors to not be moving be for the ESC will respond.  Now that I have all of this working I will solder up a shield so I don’t have to have a huge bread board for testing.

Advertisements